Meeting with officials of the State Prosecutor
On 06/02/2015 Civikos Platform had a meeting with officials from the State Prosecution concerning the Request of Civil Society sent earlier in relation to the representative of civil society in the KPC (Kosovo Prosecutorial Council). Some of the actions required by CiviKos Platform and its members are:
- Termination of the mandate of Mr. Florent Muçaj as representative of civil society in the KPC;
- Starting as soon as possible the drafting of the Regulation of KPC, for the election of a member of the Council from Civil Society, as defined by Article 4, paragraph 1, item 27 of the Law on Kosovo Prosecutorial Council;
- In the process of drafting the Regulation, to co-operate with civil society organizations from the earliest stages, including civil society representatives in the working group and to distribute the draft regulation for wide public consultation;
- In the process of drafting the Regulation, to be based on local and international practices for selection of representatives of civil society, aiming at the transparent, open and democratic selection process;
- Once approved the Regulation, to initiate a process for the selection of civil society representatives in the KPC, under new rules.
Civikos pledged to mobilize its members, but also other civil society organizations to give their contribution to regulate once and for all the selection process of civil society representatives in Kosovo Prosecutorial Council.
The State Prosecution officials promised that as soon as possible the request will enter the agenda by the Prosecutor, and will regulate cooperation of civil society and the Prosecution.
To visit matrix of monitoring for implementation of gonvermental strategy for cooperation with civil society click MATRIXMatrix
or download Application and send it at firstname.lastname@example.org